The Mallet of Understanding

Wielding the tools of cluelessness correction with a compassionate and well manicured hand.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Well, dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians!

It seems that US. Senate Republican leader Bill Frist actually did the right thing and said that the courts acted fairly in the Terri Shiavo case.

Gentle and well-clued readers, I am simply and utterly gobsmacked. Color me astounded. *Moi* is tempted to award Mr. Frist for actually backing the Judicial Branch--but no, I don't give awards for simply doing the right thing.

But oh, oh, oh! This is such a departure from the norm that it's difficult not to.

Then that little corner of intense cynicism in the back of my brain steps up and says "He's only doing it because he needs to distance himself from Tom Delay. He leans with the political winds."

Still and all things considered, I'm tickled pink that Mr. Frist is seeing reason at last.

"Good boy, Bill, *good* boy!"